Our customer policy aims at discouraging the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay.
These include sending reminders through:
- SMS encouraging prompt payment of bills
- Bills sent to be accompanied by the date due
- 14 clear days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the bill
- Confirm that the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders
- Effect disconnection as the very last resort
- During disconnection if a customer produces proof of payment such as receipts, effect the re-connection of service.
- First disconnection to be effected through a wire seal.
- Failure to pay within one month, a disconnection from the main to be effected.
Reconnection will be carried out after:
- Full payment of the amount due
- Part payment and, signing of agreement/promissory note to pay the balance by installment.
- Payment of reconnection fee as per our tariffs
- Wire seal reconnection – Ksh 1,000 & main reconnection Ksh 5,000
- All customers will be reconnected within 24 hours after payment