Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all things Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) in the organization with the primary aim of enhancing effectiveness and efficiency in the Company.
Specific duties and Responsibilities
Building on the ICT foundation that we have already laid, you will be expected to support our efficiency improvement initiatives, through the effective management and coordination of the ICT function. In particular, you will:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and ensure delivery of all our ICT needs including the policies, operational, manuals and departmental budget.
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of hardware and software and liaise with vendors.
- Manage all new installations, upgrades, enhancements, administration and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure and equipment, ensuring that the LAN, Telephone Systems and WAN are operational.
- Manage the security of company information by developing the necessary network protocols and the implementation of disaster recovery procedures.
- Relay relevant ICT-related information to company in timely manner including the M&E reports.
- Manage departmental staff performance, development, training and motivation for effective performance.
- Train all end users on the use of ICT systems and equipment to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advise management on current and future ICT trends.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent Analytical, leadership, Planning, Reporting, Trouble shooting and Problem Solving skills
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Great Interpersonal skills
- Focus on Efficiency and effectiveness
- High levels of Integrity and Professionalism
- A Team player,
- Honesty and reliability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline and a member of an ICT Professional Body.
- A Master’s Degree is an advantage
- 5+ years’ working experience in a busy ICT environment with exposure in hardware, software and network applications, 3 of which must be at a Senior Management Level preferably in the Water Sector or related field.
- Project Management skills experience and training is essential.
- Experience with Database Management Systems: Oracle and SQL Server platforms exposure is mandatory.
- Demonstrable experience with ERP systems and conversant with Water Billing Systems; Sage Pastel Evolution & GIS Systems will be an advantage.
- Good programming skills (VB, Net, Java, Web Scripting-PHP, Java Script, etc.)
Terms of Employment
Five (5) Year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate
If you believe that you posses the attributes for any of the above positions please submit your written application together with detailed CV (max 4 pages), three professional referees, copies of academic & professional certificates, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), clearance Certificate, Certificate of Good Conduct, Tax compliance Certificate and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) including your day time contact and email address to the below address:-
The Managing Director
Nakuru Water & Sanitation Services Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 16314- 20100
Note: The above should reach him not later than 27th November, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
NAWASSCO is an equal opportunity Employer. Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.