The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for coordinating, controlling and overseeing the procurement function in compliance with the relevant laws and company policies in a cost effective manner.
Specific duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement process.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in responsibilities such as mentoring, coaching, supervising, motivating and training procurement staff.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to the management.
- Ensure user requirements (works, goods and services) are procured within the budget and procurement plan.
- Advise management on procurement matters and provide update to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Ensures preparation, dispatch, opening, analysis and issuance of professional opinion on quotations as per the threshold set out in the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Prepare relevant tender documents and request for proposals and expression of tenders.
- Provides updated list on stores that are in obsolesces state that requires phasing out and those already obsolete for disposal.
- Prepares, coordinates and facilitates implementation of annual procurement plans.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure they deliver within the required period of time.
- Liaises with users to prepare framework contracts on items required for the year and preparation of quotations documents.
- Ensures performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the Company’s strategic plan;
- Advising on quality assurance on goods, works and services.
- Confer with service providers to obtain goods and services, prices, availability and delivery schedule
- Maintain a database of service providers and undertake market surveys.
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Assures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
- Responsible for ensuring records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion.
- Coordinates routinely with other departments to assure effective and timely coordination and team work in procuring goods and services.
- Review re-orders levels and monitors the movement of stores.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent Analytical, leadership, Planning, Reporting, Trouble shooting and Problem Solving skills
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Great Interpersonal skills
- Focus on Efficiency and effectiveness
- High levels of Integrity and Professionalism
- A Team player,
- Honesty and reliability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
Knowledge skills and Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Contract Management, or Social Science from a recognised Institution.
- Diploma in Supplies Management will be a requirement for those with a Social Science Degree
- A Masters Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- At least seven (7) working years relevant experience, 3 of which must be at management level
- Candidate MUST have a current Professional Practicing License
- Membership with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies will be an added advantage
- Meets requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Terms of Employment
Five (5) Year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate
If you believe that you posses the attributes for any of the above positions please submit your written application together with detailed CV (max 4 pages), three professional referees, copies of academic & professional certificates, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), clearance Certificate, Certificate of Good Conduct, Tax compliance Certificate and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) including your day time contact and email address to the below address:-
The Managing Director
Nakuru Water & Sanitation Services Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 16314- 20100
Note: The above should reach him not later than 27th November, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
NAWASSCO is an equal opportunity Employer. Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.