Our customer policy aims at discouraging the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay.
These include sending reminders through:
• SMS encouraging prompt payment of bills
• Bills sent to be accompanied by the date due
• 14 clear days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the bill
• Confirm that the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders
• Effect disconnection as the very last resort
• During disconnection if a customer produces proof of payment such as receipts, effect the re-connection of service.
• First disconnection to be effected through a wire seal.
• Failure to pay within one month, a disconnection from the main to be effected.
Reconnection will be carried out after:
• Full payment of the amount due
• Part payment and, signing of agreement/promissory note to pay the balance by instalment.
• Payment of reconnection fee as per our tariffs
–Wire seal reconnection – Ksh 2,000 & main reconnection Ksh 5,000
• All paid up customers will be reconnected within 24 hours.